Friday 8 November 2013

"This is England"

On a particularly average Thursday night, when obviously I was meant to be writing one of my many essays, my wandering eye turned to online shopping.
Usually these desperate online wanderings produce very little other than self loathing because student life has left me, to be blunt, poor.
However! When trawling the Topshop pages, hoping for inspiration for my wardrobe I stumbled upon their AW13 trend named; "This is England" - fantastic I thought, and indeed fantastic it was.

Say a big HELLO to tartan, to distressed/acid washed denim, leather skirts, chelsea boots, and lets not forget the classic denim jacket number. This trend has it all. Everything and anything that feels in any way 'vintage', 'quirky' or simply 'cool'.

If this isn't an excuse to raid vintage shops or Urban Outfitters for a pair of Levi's, I quite simply don't know what is.

Missguided have named this trend; 'Punk and Disorderly. A great twist on some classic 1980s look, a fresh angle. 
This page too is glittered with tartan, leather, and of course the denim! 

A few of my favourite key pieces across the Topshop trend page are as follows;
Vintage Renewal Levi's 550 Jeans
£45.00

Check A-Line Skirt
£42.00

Knitted Merino Tile Jumper
£50.00

AGE Chelsea Boots
£62.00


Now the only thing I need is an unlimited overdraft, and I think I would be set for Winter 2013. 
Alas, I shall retreat to my window shopping online and hope for the best and recreate with my current wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment